I'm on the SUDSOL Design Team!

SUDSOL Design Team

Monday, October 17, 2011

Masculine Monday


I just love fall and all the colors of the leaves. I tried to capture that today with my Masculine Monday card.
Yes, one can stamp the leaves in fall colors but I wanted to do something a little different and still use several fall colors. I first stamped the leaf in Soft Suede and the used Versa Mark and stamped over the Soft Suede leaf, added some clear embossing power and then heated. I did this also with the Thank You. Once you emboss the added colors do not adhere to the embossed sections. I then took my sponge dauber and the ink pads Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke, and Cherry Cobbler and daubed those colors all over the card stock.
To give it dimension, and that manly look, I then tore the edges off, daubed the edges with Cajun Craze, and then – eek – I crumbled it into a ball. I know this may be hard to do at first, will; it was for me when I started using this technique. You have just made a really nice stamp and then you crumble it; it just doesn’t seem right at first. I got used to it because I love the look it gives, especially for fall and men projects.
If you give it a try this week send me an email, I would love to see what you made, or ‘leaf’ a comment and tell me about your experience crumbling a stamped piece.

Happy Crafting!
Deborah

Product list
Stamp Sets-
French Foliage
Card Stock-
Very Vanilla
More Mustard
Tools used-
Corner punch
And my hands
Ink-
Soft Suede
Cajun Craze
Cherry Cobbler
Always Artichoke
DSP-
Well Worn
Embellishments-
More Mustard Brads

No comments:

Post a Comment